A mother is warning other parents about the dangers of indoor heatstroke after her daughter endured a frightening ordeal.

Jennifer Abma of Edmonton, Canada told the Today Show she was keeping her daughters inside when a heatwave hit their town.

RELATED: Dad shares photo of daughter’s foot to warn others about scary mistake

Her 3-year-old daughter, Anastasia, went upstairs to take a nap a few weeks ago after playing with her 1-year-old sister.

An hour and a half later, Jennifer went to check on the her and discovered the room was roasting hot. She panicked when she couldn’t wake Anastasia.

Jennifer shared a photo of the scary moment to Instagram. In the photo, Anastasia’s skin is red and swollen.

“THIS is clear proof a child doesn’t need to be in the sun to get heatstroke,” wrote Jennifer.

First responders quickly arrived and discovered Anastasia’s blood sugar was dangerously low and her body temperature was at 104 F, according to the Today Show.

“… they administered sucrose and in minutes she started crying clearly scared,” wrote Jennifer.

The temperature inside the room was around 122 F.

“… hopefully other parents can take something from this & make sure you are checking the rooms in your house because thy can be as dangerous as a hot car,” wrote Jennifer.

She said she’s grateful to the first responsders’ swift action to revive her daughter.

“We definitely had god on our side yesterday,” wrote Jennifer.

Hot Topics TV - Pop Culture News Studio

Stories You Might Like