Article will continue after advertisement

HOUSTON – An 8-year-old boy made sure he thanked the first responder who saved his life back in December.

On December 8, 2015, Andrew Sprague’s mom frantically called 911 when she realized something wasn’t right, according to KHOU.

Andrew wasn’t feeling well that day, and his mother fell asleep on the couch in their Houston home, holding him. When she woke up, he was barely breathing.

Within a few minutes, EMTs arrived and started performing CPR. They rushed him to a nearby hospital. On the way there, Andrew kept losing his pulse.

He went into a coma for a week, and doctors told her he may never walk to talk again.

But, somehow, he woke up and it’s as if there was never anything wrong. He made sure to stup by the fire station to thank the men who saved him.

Watch the heartwarming video above.