By Allie Caren
July 1 marks what would have been Princess Diana’s 55th birthday. In memory of a life lost too soon, here are five things you may not know about the People’s Princess.
1. Princess Diana’s full name was Diana Frances Mountbatten-Windsor. Many often referred to her as “Princess Di” and “Lady Di.”
2. Princess Diana was a wonderful pianist.
3. Diana first met her husband-to-be Charles, Prince of Wales, when he was dating her older sister, Lady Sarah.
4. Diana made sure that her children had somewhat normal lives. She picked out their clothing, took them to school, and arranged her schedule around the boys’.
5. People loved Princess Diana. She was a fashion icon, a do-gooder, and a prominent face of the British royalty. Her popularity rating at its peak was 47 percent.