Super Kids

Parents wake up to baby’s cries; realize something is very wrong when they all collapse

SHARE THIS STORY

KAMLOOPS, British Columbia – A 15-month-old girl is being credited with saving her family’s lives when her crying woke them up in the middle of the night.

According to a Facebook post by Monique Ruppel, she and her husband, Kyle, were fast asleep in their home in British Colombia when their daughter started fussing around 3 a.m.

“I attempted to make my way to her room but only made it a few feet before being completely overwhelmed with vertigo,” wrote Monique. “Kyle immediately woke and we quickly realized something was wrong.”

Both of them were suffering from dizziness, headache, nausea and burning eyes.

Even their cat had the symptoms; they say she collapsed at their feet.

The couple quickly packed their bags and grabbed their daughter. Kyle’s father arrived just before he collapsed and called 911.

The family was rushed to the hospital.

“We were promptly treated for Carbon monoxide poisoning by wonderful doctors and nurses,” wrote Monique. They spent several hours in a hyperbaric chamber and are expected to make a full recovery. The incident happened on Jan. 15.

Now, Monique is sharing an important message.

“Please ensure you have a Carbon Monoxide detector and that it works. We are so thankful Celia woke us,” wrote Monique. “We often wished she would sleep through the night but we do not feel that way any more. Our sweet sweet baby saved us all.”

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share
Share
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 90 other followers