Michael Strahan will leave ABC’s LIVE with Kelly and Michael and join Good Morning America full-time.
Yeah, we’re not very happy about it either. While we think Michael was THE perfect fit for LIVE, it’s now time for
us the people over there to start thinking about a replacement.
To help them out, we’ve started our own list.
- Keegan-Michael Key (you know, of Key and Peele.) Still clueless? Ask your kids. He’s hilarious, quick on his feet and easy on the eyes. All of your kids know who he is because of his beyond hilarious sketch series Key & Peele on Comedy Central. Now that he’s not on TV, he’s promoting his newest movie, Keanu.
- Neil Patrick Harris aka besties with Kelly Ripa. The actor already has an amazing rapport with Kelly so we know she’d like this pick. The How I Met Your Mother actor is witty and can sing (really well too!) He received much praise after hosting numerous award shows proving he has a fan base that will tune in to watch.
- Charles Barkley could easily transition from the guys club over at TNT as a basketball analyst to Kelly’s right hand man. He’s obviously super talented. He dominated on the hardwood (translation, he kicked butt when he played for the NBA), he cracks one-liners all the time on his current show Inside the NBA, and he’s also able to get serious. He’s written several books and has shown an interest in politics.
- Aziz Ansari would fit in perfectly or at least his name would. Kelly and Aziz! We like the ring of that. Many people know Aziz from his role on Parks and Recreation. He’s another actor who’s extremely funny and witty. He also seems like the kind of person who could turn any situation into a fun one.
- Chrissy Teigen isn’t a dude, but she’d be amazing with Kelly. Yeah, yeah, Chrissy is gorgeous. We got that. She’s also freaking hilarious and is now a mother (totally relatable with the LIVE audience). She has some experience being on a talk show co-hosting FABlife and Lip Sync Battle. Oh, she also has a major “in” with a big player in the music industry. Her husband is John Legend.
While a lot of the suggestions above are long shots, some more realistic suggestions include Anderson Cooper, Josh Groban and Kelly’s husband Mark Consuelos.
Some people we’d love to see audition include Ben Schwartz, Kumail Nanjiani, Jerrod Carmichael and Paul F. Tompkins.