The past year has been stressful and exhausting, no matter who you supported. Today, we know who our next president will be. While your Newsfeed may be flooded with negativity, here are some positive sentiments to help us get through what feels like a very divisive day.
1. “We need to continue to spread positivity, love, and unification. We will be okay.” – Devin Oliver
2. “No matter what happens, the sun will rise in the morning, and America will still be the greatest nation on Earth,” – President Barack Obama
3. “It is time to move forward and hope that our country can come together.” – Ben Stiller
4. “Everything is going to be ok.” – Travis McElroy
5. “Barbara and I congratulate @realDonaldTrump, wish him well as he guides America forward as our next President. His family is in our prayers.” – President George H.W. Bush
6. “Now it is time for America to bind the wounds of division, have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.” – president-elect Donald Trump in his victory speech