Records were broken at the 41st Atlanta Film Festival.
Of the record-breaking 6,000+ film submissions for the 2017 festival, the final selections include 47 feature length films, 116 short films and 28 creative media presentations, which consist of music videos, virtual reality and episodic pilots.
The diverse slate represents 40 countries, with 53 percent of selected submissions directed by a female and 40 percent from filmmakers of color.
The ten day event started on March 24th and presented a full lineup of film, educational and special programming.
Below is a list of the jury and audience award winners.
- Narrative Feature Jury Award – CORTEZ
- Narrative Feature Special Jury Award – LA SOLEDAD
- Documentary Feature Jury Award – RAT FILM
- Documentary Feature Special Jury Award – RAISING BERTIE
- Narrative Short Jury Award – IN THE HILLS
- Narrative Short Jury Honorable Mention: SUBMARINE
- Narrative Short Jury Honorable Mention: IL SILENZIO (THE SILENCE)
- Documentary Short Jury Award – VICTOR & ISOLINA
- Documentary Short Jury Honorable Mention: DISTRIBUTION
- Animated Short Jury Award – ONCE A HERO
- Animated Short Jury Honorable Mention: THE WRONG END OF THE STICK
- Animated Short Jury Honorable Mention: “THE TALK” TRUE STORIES ABOUT THE BIRDS & THE BEES
- Music Video Jury Award – “Soy Yo” performed by Bomba Estéreo
- Music Video Jury Honorable Mention – “Oh Elise” performed by VIECH
- New Mavericks Award – THE NINE
- Georgia Film Award – BORN RIVER BYE
- Filmmaker-to-Watch Award – Malcolm Washington for BENNY GOT SHOT
- Audience Award, Feature Film – HOLDEN ON
- Audience Award, Short Film – BIRTHDAY CAKE