Article will continue after advertisement

By Brett Rosner, WSB-TV

An Arizona mother is warning other parents about the water in their garden hoses after her child was burned in an accidental scalding.

ABC 15 reports Dominique Woodger was filling up a pool for her 9-month-old boy on a day when temperatures reached over 100 degrees.

Her boy was accidentally hit by the water from the hose, which had been directly in the sun, and suffered second degree burns on 30 percent of his body, ABC 15 reported.

“Just be careful. Just touch it (the water) before you spray– before you let your kids near it,” Woodger told ABC 15.

As temperatures heat up this summer, this is a good example for parents test the temperature of the water before they use it for fun.