Article will continue after advertisement

PORTLAND, Ore. – A dog who was moments away from being euthanized was saved after a vet intern spotted the cause of his sudden illness — a tick on his neck.

Just hours after the tick was discovered, the dog was back to normal.

“When his mobility was shot and he was paralyzed, it was just weird seeing him just laying there on the floor, knowing he had so much more life in him,” Ollie’s owner, Falline Fate, told KPTV.

The family took Ollie to the vet, and after days of trying different treatments with no avail, doctors made the difficult decision to put Ollie down.

“Anything from cancer to trauma, or a fracture of a vertebra, or a spinal fracture. Any one of these could have caused similar signs,” he explained.

But the real cause was spotted just moments before Ollie was going to be put down.

“He was in the room about to get put to sleep, and it was just pure grace that the people found something and decided to check it out further,” Fate explained.

Ollie’s owners are grateful to have him back. They say they plan to keep up with his tick medication.